As neighbors among neighbors we continue to respond to the unmet and critical needs of our world. We are called to a special preference for persons who are poor, marginalized and vulnerable. At our Chapter Gathering in 2014 we articulated that call through our Generous Promise:
Impelled by the Spirit of God, the plight of Earth and the consciousness that all is one, we, Sisters of Saint Joseph of Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia, desire to live ever more boldly the Gospel and our Constitutions. We promise to commit ourselves, our corporate prophetic voice, and appropriate resources to the flourishing of Earth and to the unmet needs of persons who are poor, marginalized and vulnerable. To live this promise, we:
- Advance the rights and dignity of all people, especially women and children.
- Commit to dynamic engagement between leadership and membership.
- Collaborate creatively with all people, especially our Associates and our Church.
- Deepen our communal life.
- Share deliberately and passionately our SSJ spirituality.
- Foster and witness to the joy of religious vocation.