The St. Joseph Worker, Philadelphia Program is a year-long volunteer program for young adult women sponsored by the Sisters of Saint Joseph. St. Joseph Workers are invited to open themselves to being challenged and transformed as they work for social change and reach out to meet the needs of their “dear neighbors.” While living in an intentional community, volunteers focus on spirituality, justice, leadership, and simple living. St. Joseph Workers serve those who are poor and marginalized within the City of Philadelphia and the surrounding areas. They live in community with other volunteers, take time to reflect on their service experiences with one another, and encourage one another to grow in prayer and living out the Gospel mission.
Women ages 21-30
Four Values: Spirituality, Justice, Leadership and Community with Simplicity
- A year-long volunteer commitment running from August-June
- Living in community with fellow St. Joseph Worker volunteers
- Volunteering full time (35-40hrs/week) in a non-profit in Philadelphia
Each St. Joseph Worker, Philadelphia Volunteer receives:
- Monthly Stipend
- Room & Board
- Transportation to and from ministry site
- Health Insurance
- Retreats & Opportunities for Mentoring/Spiritual Growth
- Possible College Loan Deferment
Find us on Facebook.
For more information: